12 replies
SWTOR
Votes:
+21
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SWTOR
MCG Member
I'm afraid I have some very sad news. Ironhand, who is a close personal friend and the guy who recruited me into Pax, died suddenly this morning (Tuesday 12/19/17). He had been complaining of abdominal pain and went in to the hospital Saturday. I don't have any other details. Ironhand was very active in ESO and SWTOR before that, and an avid WoWS player, and a good contributor to the Pax and MSG web site funds.

His real name is Robert Eldridge, and he was an active miniatures wargamer, going to several conferences, frequent games at Hobbymasters in Raleigh NC and Hanger 18 in Cary, and even publishing a few books. He also distinguishably served his country in the Army. But most of all he was a good friend that I enjoyed gathering around a table with weekly at lunch, and occasionally for tabletop gaming.

I will miss you, bro. /salute
c32380edec136129.png
SWTOR: Farious, Marillion, Zendennin, Chataya
NCIceman in pretty much any other game, especially shooters.
Posted Dec 19, 17 · OP
ESO
Votes:
+5
ESO
MCG Member
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this... Although I haven't played ESO in several months, when I did play he was such a nice and helpful guy to play with. My condolences NCIceman. :(
Posted Dec 19, 17
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+204
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
I am so sorry to hear this, we in ESO had just heard from Ironhand last week.

I am still processing the news, my heart goes out too all Ionhand's family and friends, he will be missed. Ironhand was a major part of the community.
Posted Dec 19, 17
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
Posting this on a forum feels too detached, but my thoughts and prayers go out to you, his family and his friends.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.
Posted Dec 19, 17 · Last edited Dec 19, 17 by dracojan
Repop 2nd
Votes:
+54
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Repop 2nd
MCG Member
:-(
Posted Dec 19, 17
MCG Member
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
MCG Member
My condolences.
Posted Dec 19, 17
ESO
Votes:
+9
ESO
Rift
SWTOR
MCG Member
Thanks for letting us all know. My condolences to his family and friends. While I only knew him as a voice behind a microphone I always enjoyed playing with him. Sunday nights won't be the same anymore. He will be missed.
Posted Dec 19, 17
MCG Rector
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
MCG Rector
ESO Rector
MCG Member
This is such sad news. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I can only repeat what Karsnik said. "Sunday nights wont be the same anymore"
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Posted Dec 19, 17
ESO
Votes:
ESO
Rift
SWTOR
MCG Member
My condolences to you and his family for this sudden passing. I remember him in SWTOR and ESO. He had a good character about him and helped people out in game.
Posted Dec 19, 17
ESO
Votes:
ESO
Repop
MCG Member
This is a shock. Ironhand will surely be missed. Condolences to you and his other friends and family
False, the statement is true
Posted Dec 19, 17
Page
of 2
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (5)
Birthday on Wed 31 Jan, 2018
Birthday on Wed 31 Jan, 2018
Birthday on Sat 10 Feb, 2018
Birthday on Sun 11 Feb, 2018
Birthday on Thu 22 Feb, 2018
NoticeNotices