Main Forum

slow leveling

9 replies
ESO
Votes:
+8
ESO
MCG Member
I'm roughly around level 65 or so and I'm in Northrend. The trouble is, it seems my leveling has slowed tremendously since I've been here. I'm wearing Heirloom gear that has been upgraded to tier 2. I'm averaging about 500xp per kill on some of the mobs and the quests are giving about 10k xp. Is this about right? Maybe the mechanics of the game change once I get out of the vanilla areas. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
311d617ca1a9b42f.png
Posted Apr 5, 18 · OP
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+212
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Leveling slows once you hit different level bands. From what I can tell the slowest part is Wotlk or BC content. Not much to do about it other than to power through unfortunately. It is one of the downsides to the changes. I am of the opinion they should have just done it like ESO and opened up everything up to 100 except the current expansion.
Posted Apr 6, 18
Agree
List
Undo
ESO
Votes:
+8
ESO
MCG Member
I did some reading last night and it looks like I'm where I'm supposed to be. There are some guides that say I should be soloing Ramps, but I don't think my skills are up to that. Another says I should be multi-pulling mobs, but they don't seem to be close enough to really do that unless I run into a herd of rhinos or mammoths. I don't mind playing protection, I did that for 20 or so levels but it seems fury mows the mobs down quicker and I can occasionally handle groups of three or four depending on the type. I guess I'll just muscle through.
311d617ca1a9b42f.png
Posted Apr 6, 18 · OP
MCG LT
Votes:
+92
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Leadership Team
MCG Member
Geeze. Slow down already! You know I'd still be level 15 or something. haha
Be assured that these bloated carcasses that litter my path belong not to mine own enemies, but are in fact the fleshy bindings of those companions who travel with me. *Kaysis saunters off, grinning hugely, while yet another companion’s lifeless body falls to the ground* *Emptyplum gingerly steps over one of the motionless heaps, muttering under her breath* …and the fools thought I would keep them alive… *giggling quietly to herself, madness gleaming in her eyes, Emptyplum bounces along merrily behind Kaysis*
Posted Apr 6, 18
ESO
Votes:
+6
ESO
SWTOR
WoW
MCG Member
There seems to be some discrepancies on how the leveiing works. It seems they balanced classic better - and Cata/MOP and Draenor stuff was already pretty decently balanced. Lick King and Burning Crotch were designed to be more grind fests on levels (look at all those zones) so the XP is a lot less there. Hopefully they balance that better with the actual expansion. And do a little more to help us out on leveling. But yeah, Heirlooms are NECESSARY as crap these days.
Posted Apr 12, 18
ESO
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ESO
WoW
MCG Member
Huh. That's... comforting. Well, it's a good thing the only character I have in the 60s range at the moment, I plan to boost past it. Um... yay.

And now I'm no longer looking forward to leveling the rest of the cast. Woooooo. :/
Posted Apr 16, 18
ESO
Votes:
+6
ESO
SWTOR
WoW
MCG Member
Eh, if you have heirlooms, it's still not bad (at least according to what I'm reading on WoWhead). Of course, you need to get the second level of heirlooms to skate by it. Some commenter said it would have made sense to just do the whole ESO style - everything flattens out until you get to the new expansion. Want to start in Northrend, go right ahead!

I'm sure they'll tweak it some. Haven't actually gotten anyone into that range, but I have to say that the original scale has flown by.
Posted Apr 16, 18
ESO
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ESO
WoW
MCG Member
Yeah, well, as someone who's trying to push a shaman through Tanaris, a warlock through Feralas, and a warrior through the rest of Winterspring before boosting the rest of the way to 110.. it can't go fast enough.

:x
Posted Apr 16, 18
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+71
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
I'm not particularly enjoying the leveling speed recently. As an altaholic I kind of liked that I could breeze through lower levels before, but acknowledge that it was a bit too fast. I would have preferred a balance somewhere in the middle.
Posted Apr 17, 18
List
Undo
ESO
Votes:
+6
ESO
SWTOR
WoW
MCG Member
There's been a lot of complaints about that and I kinda share them. While I like the leveling changes (in flattening zones and such) I think they really need to do something for alt-aholics to make life a little faster. Supercharging heirlooms or some sort of base passive boost to XP per max level alt would have been nice.
Posted Apr 17, 18
List
Undo
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Fri 27 Apr, 2018
Birthday on Wed 02 May, 2018
Birthday on Wed 02 May, 2018
Birthday on Fri 04 May, 2018
Birthday on Thu 10 May, 2018
Birthday on Thu 10 May, 2018
Rix