LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Hey Folks,

After all the upheaval from earlier this year, I have been thinking about what to do concerning the WoW Division. Heading into 2018, in my opinion, we need to change things up in the way MCG interacts with Blizzard games to support the community, ensure barriers don't form between members and generally encourage more fun.

At this time a majority of members/friends/family who play WoW are spread across multiple guilds, multiple servers, both factions, and a number folks can be taking a break from WoW at any given time due to burnout and/or the content release schedule. One of the common themes among many members, that I have noticed, is that they usually are playing one of the Blizzard games casually. On a regular basis, I see multiple MCG members playing Heathstone, Heroes of The Storm, Overwatch, and D3.

In the near future Blizzard will be releasing a new social feature as Battle for Azeroth (the new expansion) rolls out which will allow for social groups to be formed. These group will be able to be accessed through an in-game menu to schedule events on a calendar, form groups, and chat across all Blizzard games, the functionality for this is already in a beta state. Unfortunately, at this time it only allows for a social group to be formed using the social panel in the Battlenet launcher and has no in-game access as of yet. (I do have a social group already created in anticipation of the rollout and anyone who wishes an invite is welcome, just send me a message about it)

My thought at this time is to convert the Invictus division into a division for all blizzard games supporting event planning/chat through the MCG website/calendar and discord channel, the discord channel for "WoW-invictus" would become "Blizzard Games" or something similarly named until the new social group option becomes fully functional, at which point we can evaluate if the new functionality through Battlenet makes things easier to plan events on top of what we are using through the MCG site and discord server.

The reasons why I am thinking about this are the following

- it will easily allow for cross guild grouping and event planning in WoW and other blizzard games
- People who are playing D3, Overwatch, SC II and Destiny 2 can get more involves with the MCG community
- Members can feel free to join whatever friends/family guild they prefer which is something that is already occurring in WoW, we just don't have a constructed/supported means in place to stay in regular contact with everyone.
- Encourages folks to just have fun and anyone can post up events they feel like running in a given game. I see folks on playing games like D3/WoW/Heathstone but from what I know very few of them are connecting on a regular basis.

What help I would need

One or two people who would be interested in helping coordinate the social group for Bliizzard games, that way I can assign moderator status to them for invite purposes etc. If they are interested in helping out with the Invictus/Silverthorn Guild(s) as well that would be great but not required.

This is a concept in progress and I am interested in hearing folks thoughts. I personally think that fully supporting everyone who is playing the various Blizzard games will help encourage community, communication and fun.

Cheers,
Posted Dec 20, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 17 by Xevrin
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+71
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
I like the idea, and would be willing to help get the ball rolling.

This setup takes the focus off the specific WoW division and allows us to play what we want how we want, but at the same time stay connected with each other.
Posted Dec 20, 17 · Last edited Dec 20, 17 by dracojan
List
Undo
MCG Member
Votes:
+15
Level 1
LEVEL 1
MCG Member
Does that mean the guild on Velen will be retired or no longer used? If so, where would people create characters to hang with MCG folks?
Posted Dec 20, 17
List
Undo
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+71
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
The way I see it the guild would stay for those playing WoW Alliance on Velen, but the division itself is centered around Blizzard as a whole rather than just WoW.

We could incorporate other guilds for people playing elsewhere (like Horde on Gilneas).
Posted Dec 20, 17 · Last edited Dec 20, 17 by dracojan
Agree
List
Undo
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+213
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
That is correct Invictus would continue to exist and if there are folks who would like to help run it we can do events etc, I expect activity for the guild will continue to ebb and flow with expansions/interest. But it would encourage members from other guilds, possibly on the same server or others to connect more and draw on a larger pool of players for events potentially.

The Horde guild "Silverthorn" I have set up currently is on Gilneas. I do know though that a number of members also play horde characters on various servers.
Posted Dec 20, 17 · OP
MCG Member
Votes:
+15
Level 1
LEVEL 1
MCG Member
I guess that's fine, I don't have a problem with making an overall Blizzard division with the battle.net social app being the connection (i.e. I've seen dkonen playing HS but having to swap IDs in order to challenge a friend makes it awkward). But I think there should be some sort of 'guild' for games that have them, especially when stuff is tied to guilds, IE heirlooms. If we're all spread out over various servers for WoW, that loses the family aspect that MCG is supposed to embody? It doesn't matter what guild or what server, but being able to log on and see people about and being able to do things with them is important to me at least.
Posted Dec 20, 17
MCG Member
Votes:
+5
MCG Member
Late to the party but I thought I'd chip in my two copper.

A blizz division is a great idea at the moment while there isn't a robust presence.  I would imagine if any one game gained traction (like wow, or overwatch, etc) then that could form its own space to accommodate the increased traffic. That's down the line though.

The biggest repeating thing I've seen all over is a lack of members / participation.  From what I've heard, many of us are scattered around without much unity.

Having a blizz division is a great step.  What can we do to increase participation and swell the ranks?
Posted Jan 15, 18
List
Undo
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+213
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
New thread created to poll interests concerning the upcoming expansion.
Posted Jan 31, 18 · OP
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Wed 23 May, 2018
Birthday on Thu 31 May, 2018
Birthday on Fri 01 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Sun 03 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Mon 04 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Tue 05 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Tue 05 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Sat 09 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Sat 09 Jun, 2018