LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Hi Everyone,

Now that the new site has been up for close to half a year I am reviewing the activity and the community needs. I also made a similar post to this one last week in the council forums to get feedback about the website subscription.

The site was originally set up with the premium subscription in case we needed the extra options/capacity, it is being funded by member donations which you can see on our site landing page. We have 54 days remaining as of this post. With the number of modules currently in use on the site(39), community traffic and community needs we have a couple of options moving forward.

Option 1

Downgraded the subscription to the advanced plan the site would remain exactly the same and I would still be able to alter/customize it at the same level I have been. But we would lose custom emojis. after further research, it looks like any custom emojis already applied to the site will stay in place (I am not 100 percent certain about this without testing the Advanced plan). If we needed more capacity again in the future I can also upgrade back to the previous plan.

Option 2

Continue with the current subscription which includes more robust DDoS protection, custom emojis and increased support tickets response.

Advanced Plan (Downgrade) is 8.99/month vs Premium Plan (Current Subscription) at 29.99/month. I have included a link to the plans below so you can have a look at what the differences are between them.

https://www.enjin.com/pricing

If I downgrade any remaining account balance would be converted into the new plan and future donations from the community would be at the advanced plan price.

If I move ahead with the downgrade I would like to do so in the next 4 days so that we will get at least 5 months worth of subscription time, according to our remaining balance. So far the feedback has been to move ahead an try out the advanced plan but if there are objections or concerns I don't mind delaying the change.

Any feedback from members is welcome.

Also as a site note, until Jan 2nd I believe current subscription/prepaid time is on sale for 30% off in case anyone was thinking of donating some time to the site like I was.

Cheers,
Posted Dec 26, 17 · OP
MCG Rector
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
MCG Rector
ESO Rector
MCG Member
I'm for giving the advanced plan a try. Why pay for what you are not using?
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Posted Dec 26, 17
Agree
List
Undo
ESO
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ESO
WoW
MCG Member
wrote:
Continue with the current subscription which includes more robust DDoS protection, custom emojis and increased support tickets response.

1. Is anyone actually spamming -us- with garbage to bring this site down? Really? :)

2. While I'm sure some folks find all the fancy smiley faces cute and all, I'd say they're kind of a luxury. I'm a cranky old man who's made do with :( and :) and that's all we had until someone came up with :/ a great many moons ago. And even that was revolutionary. You kids with your... table flipping...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm sure we'll survive.

3. Kind of in the same vein as the first point: have we actually been using the tech support? Because, yeah, why pay for what we're not using? It's not like it's health insurance or something. (Cough cough.)
Posted Dec 27, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Repop
Votes:
+70
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Repop
MCG Member
I personally do like the custom Emojis - but I honestly don't think they are worth paying more than triple the price.

Neither is DDoS protection, imho. Should someone truly believe we are a worthwhile target (I honestly don't think we are high profile enough to garner that kind of attention) - well then let the server die and the forums be offline for a day or two. No biggie. I mean - if this does indeed become a problem, we can always upgrade again, right?
Posted Jan 2, 18
List
Undo
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+213
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
That is correct it is not an issue to upgrade again as the need arises. I am also transferring the rest of the emojis/smiles over hopefully by the end of tomorrow, it is a bit of a slow and tedious process. From what I have been reading they will remain available, I just cannot add/adjust them while under the advanced plan. (Again I am not 100 percent certain on this)
Posted Jan 2, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+213
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Hey Folks,

The site subscription has now been changed to the advanced plan... which means you should see no difference, other than the # of days donated being higher from this point on. :thumb:

All the smiles from the old Pax forums have now also been transferred and my next step is to convert the site from http to https.

-hi5-

Cheers,
Xev
Posted Jan 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 16, 18
List
Undo
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Wed 23 May, 2018
Birthday on Thu 31 May, 2018
Birthday on Fri 01 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Sun 03 Jun, 2018