Main Forum

I'm back

6 replies
ESO
Votes:
+8
ESO
MCG Member
I've been in the hospital for the past week, what I thought was just some cold like symptoms turned out to be sepsis and severe anemia. I went into the hospital Monday/Tuesday morning with chest pain and shortness of breath, sat in the ER with the local meth heads for a few minutes until they brought me back. I'm sure they thought it was run of the mill BS at first, but after bloodwork, I was renamed the "trainwreck in 20". My heart rate was 130, respiratory high 20s, and fever of 101.5, my lactic acid was 6.4 and my hemoglobin was 6.something too. Troponins were slightly elevated (but were assumed to be because my heart was working so hard). I spent two or three days in ICU and got 4 units of blood about twice as much fluids and have been on every antibiotic there is. I was scoped and (hopefully) the bleeding was found and taken care of. I've been discharged back to home to recuperate. I'm not expected to be able to return to work for at least a week, and I can't do very much anyways without getting short of breath. I think I feel worse than when I had cancer to tell the truth. I'm sleeping a lot and just being a general couch potato for the time being. I'm online here and there (even Facebook seems to sap my energy). I'm alive and kicking (just feeble).
311d617ca1a9b42f.png
Posted Mar 10, 18 · OP
Xevrin a
MCG LT
Votes:
+214
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Welcome back. Wow, that sounds like an amazingly rough time, am glad you are in the processes of recovering though. Hopefully, it will be a speedy recovery and life can get back to normal for you.
Posted Mar 10, 18
MCG LT
Votes:
+92
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Leadership Team
MCG Member
Geeze. So lazy! haha

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Being sick is the worst, but you always manage to get the worst of the worst. Bleh!
Attached Images
Be assured that these bloated carcasses that litter my path belong not to mine own enemies, but are in fact the fleshy bindings of those companions who travel with me. *Kaysis saunters off, grinning hugely, while yet another companion’s lifeless body falls to the ground* *Emptyplum gingerly steps over one of the motionless heaps, muttering under her breath* …and the fools thought I would keep them alive… *giggling quietly to herself, madness gleaming in her eyes, Emptyplum bounces along merrily behind Kaysis*
Posted Mar 11, 18 · Last edited Mar 11, 18
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+75
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
wow, that's scary...I'm glad to hear you're recovering
Posted Mar 16, 18
MCG Rector
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
MCG Rector
ESO Rector
MCG Member
Take care of yourself and keep getting stronger.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Posted Mar 20, 18
ESO
Votes:
+8
ESO
MCG Member
Well I ended up in the hospital again. Same problem same fix. Got more blood. I'm home again, still feeling feeble bit better than last week. I actually logged on today for a few hours. If anything I'll probably be off and on a good bit while I recover.

Thanks for the well wishes.
311d617ca1a9b42f.png
Posted Mar 22, 18 · OP
MCG LT
Votes:
+92
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Leadership Team
MCG Member
Geeze! Stay away from the hospitals already!
Be assured that these bloated carcasses that litter my path belong not to mine own enemies, but are in fact the fleshy bindings of those companions who travel with me. *Kaysis saunters off, grinning hugely, while yet another companion’s lifeless body falls to the ground* *Emptyplum gingerly steps over one of the motionless heaps, muttering under her breath* …and the fools thought I would keep them alive… *giggling quietly to herself, madness gleaming in her eyes, Emptyplum bounces along merrily behind Kaysis*
Posted Mar 24, 18
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (8)
Birthday on Tue 31 Jul, 2018
Birthday on Wed 01 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Fri 03 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Sat 04 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Mon 06 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Sun 12 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Mon 13 Aug, 2018
Birthday on Thu 16 Aug, 2018
NoticeNotices