LEVEL 6
Admins
Leadership Team
ESO Lead
Rift
SWTOR
WoW Lead
Hey Folks,

Well the prepatch for BfA is upon us and in the interest of bringing as many folks across guilds & servers together as we can we are working on some house cleaning for social groups to get sett up for next week and into the future. If you would like an invite to what will be social group for the expansion "The Windrunner Collective" let me or Draco know through one of the various social media options MCG has or the forums.

Leaders for "The Windrunner Collective" will be LadyElf, Draco and Myself. Essentially we will be there to manage the group communications, invites and appointing moderators. Who will be moderators is yet to be determined.

Once the prepatch drops on Tuesday the 17th we will be setting up an in game alliance on horde community for cross server play so folks can connect easily.

So why are we forming a Social Group and two WoW communities? Well it is because of how Blizzard has implemented the Groups through the Battlenet Launcher and in WoW. Below is a quick rundown on how Social & Community Groups work.

Social Groups

- Exist now through using the social tab in the Battlenet launcher
- Uses BattleNet tags
- Can chat across games/factions
- Will be able to display in your chat window in game after Prepatch

Community Groups

- Are character specific like guilds
- Are faction specific
- Allow for the use of in game calendar for event planning & sign up
- Allow for easy cross realm dungeon/event grouping with folks in the community.

Essentially it will allow folks to easily communicate across all Blizzard games with the social group and allow folks to maintain their own guilds/preferred servers while being able to still do content together. The MCG official guild will continue for the alliance and we will continue to have an unofficial guild "Silverthorn" on the horde side for anyone interested in joining.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Hopefully we can get as many folks as possible involved.

Once the prepatch has been out for a couple of weeks my plan is to disband the current MCG Blizzard Games social group so there is no confusion moving forward.

Cheers,
Xev
Posted Jul 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 12, 18
List
Undo
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+75
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully this helps keep everyone connected even if we're scattered around.
Posted Jul 13, 18
List
Undo
SC
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SC
SWTOR
MCG Member
Every time an expansion ages I think "Oh I have plenty of time to do things", and then when an expansion hits I'm like "Oh crap! I still have so much to do!" lol. Welp, time to wrap up Legion stuff and clean out banks for BfA.

All the rest sounds cool. If you need help let me know. Garic is ready to go for BfA pretty much. As for Horde I'm still on the fence whether to tackle the Blood Elf story or wait and unlock Maghar Orc. Looks like things are coming up fast!
WoW Alliance - Garic (Beastmaster, LW, Cook, Skinning), Fizantilus (Arcane Mage, Tailor, Enchants)
Posted Jul 13, 18
List
Undo
SC
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SC
SWTOR
MCG Member
As a heads up I dont know if this is a bug or not, but if you click on the weekly mythic chest in your guild hall it gives you 1000 wakening essences and a keystone. Good for one legendary. :) Thats for those who can actually log in. The hamsters keep dying... again.
WoW Alliance - Garic (Beastmaster, LW, Cook, Skinning), Fizantilus (Arcane Mage, Tailor, Enchants)
Posted Jul 17, 18
WoW
Votes:
+12
Level 1
LEVEL 1
WoW
MCG Member
It looks like the Social stuff is up now. Is there a Join link/code to use?
Posted Jul 19, 18
Web Page Designer
Votes:
+75
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Web Page Designer
ESO
MCG Member
Invite Link: https://blizzard.com/invite/2jAxOhGw2

Note: that's for the general battletag group.

Alleria Collective (Alliance): https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/m4yLYAnhg30?region=US&faction=Alliance
Sylvanas Collective (Horde): https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/D2lmkeMuMaL?region=US&faction=Horde
Posted Jul 19, 18 · Last edited Jul 19, 18
List
Undo
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (5)
Birthday on Wed 28 Nov, 2018
Birthday on Mon 03 Dec, 2018
Birthday on Fri 07 Dec, 2018
Birthday on Sat 08 Dec, 2018
Birthday on Thu 13 Dec, 2018
NoticeNotices